Chiptuning – a brief explanation
RcaeChip: More pleasure and driving performance by optimizing the motor electronics.
Advantages at a glance – Why go with RaceChip next generation performance modules:
– RaceChip is a next generation stealth plug-in performance solution which cannot be seen by car dealers
– RaceChip will not overwrite your vehicle’s original software
– RaceChip leaves no traces
– RaceChip can easily be removed before service appointments
– RaceChip stays with you after vehicle service appointments. Legacy ECU chiptuning (software flash) can be erased by car dealer due to software updates
– RaceChip is a plug and play solution, installed by customer in minutes
– RaceChip can be adjusted in power
– RaceChip is Dyno proven, developed and manufactured in Germany
– RaceChip uses original OEM plugs, no wire splicing
– RaceChip runs custom software on an actual microchip inside the module. Developed for each engine type and model
– RaceChip has access to the finest engineers in Germany with in-depth knowledge about those TDIs, CDIs, TFSIs and twin turbo engines you have come to love so much, getting the best performance and reliability for you
– RaceChip is ideal for leased vehicles and can be sold after you swap vehicles unlike legacy software flash based chiptuning where you would lose all of your investment.
– RaceChip is market leader in Europe and a strong performer in international markets
– RaceChip comes with lifetime warranty on the module
RaceChip Ultimate won the 2013 chiptuning module review: Show Review
What is Chiptuning?
Chiptuning is an innovative way to increase your vehicle’s speed and performance, while also improving gas mileage. It works by using one of two methods—either an electronic control module (power box) or OBD tuning—to modify the electronic control unit (ECU) attached to your vehicle’s engine. The ECU is the standard “black box” that provides signals for ignition, injection and exhaust regulation to the engine.
The RaceChip® uses the electronic control module (power box) approach to chiptuning because it eliminates risk and requires no software alterations.
The benefits of the external control module approach
You or a mechanic can install a compact external control module through an original manufacturer’s plug, without making any modifications to either the engine or the ECU. The external control module simply alters the ECU input’s signals in real time, while optimizing the engine maps several thousand times per second. The result is immediate and obvious performance improvement and, in many situations, decreased fuel consumption.
The best part of external control module chiptuning is that it keeps all motor protection programs intact, eliminating the risk of overloading certain engine components. Your vehicle’s original software doesn’t change, so its maximum speed limit (V-Max) remains valid.
While regular OBD software tuning can be detected by the vehicle manufacturer and logged in your service record, RaceChip leaves no traces when removed from the engine compartment.
OBD chiptuning and the risks involved
The other form of chiptuning, called on-board diagnostic (OBD) tuning, involves altering the original vehicle software—sometimes even replacing the original chips. While OBD tuning can be canceled at the same time that the V-Max is reached and often results in higher performance and speed, it also allows motor protection functions to be turned off, significantly increasing the risk of engine damage.
Plus, changing the software takes away vehicle diagnostics, which makes for more difficult repairs because auto technicians are unable to read error codes. You also cannot self-adjust OBD tuning, and so every time you want to make a change, you have to go directly to the tuner itself.
For these reasons, the RaceChip uses the external control module approach rather than OBD chiptuning.
The RaceChip® module makes chiptuning easy and safe
This video demonstrates how the power setting works by rotary switch:
Note: This video explains an example of the power control via rotary switch based on a RaceChip module for the common-rail diesel engines. Additional video tutorials are provided on our youtube channel.
Unbeatable advantage: If you sell or lease your vehicle remove the RaceChip and with a different set of cables you may be able to use the module for your next vehicle. For more information talk to a customer service technician.
Use RaceChip for your chiptuning needs
If you’re looking for a reliable, safe and high-performing chiptuning method, check out the innovative and easy-to-install RaceChip. Contact us today if you have any questions.